Meryl Streep is an amazing actress. She has also proven that she is a remarkable woman. She floats successfully and gets followers everywhere she goes. She is a mysterious, sober woman. She is making a permanent mark on the hearts of Hollywood and her followers.
A strong and inspiring woman
Meryl Streep is completely herself. Therefore, she does not allow any expectations of women in movies to take control of her reputation or appearance . Out of all her qualities, it is her authenticity, her wisdom, her sensitivity and her unsurpassed actions that stand out.
She has also received many awards and recognitions for her performances and career. She has 21 Oscar nominations, making her the woman with the most Oscar nominations, ever. She won these nominations for her starring role in Sophie’s Choice and The Iron Lady, and her supporting role in Kramer vs. Kramer.
She has also received 30 nominations from the Golden Globes and has won 8. She most recently won the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award in 2017. Here are some of her other major accolades: three Emmys, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, two BAFTA Awards and one from the Cannes Film Festival. She has a very impressive resume.
The private Meryl Streep
We do not know much about Meryl Streep’s private life since she married her current husband. It is quite impressive as she is surrounded by paparazzi. And they have no problem bringing people up, or pulling them down, for a bit of controversy.
We also know that Meryl Streep had a deep love for John Cazale, who died of cancer in 1978. She was always with him. Everyone who saw them together said their relationship was uplifting and remarkable.
After a long painful period, Don Gummer came into her life and ended up becoming her second big love. Meryl Streep has always said that she never really got over losing Cazale. But Gummer showed her that life goes on and that the journey she had left to explore could be wonderful. Not in the same way, but still wonderful.
17 of Meryl Streep’s reflections
Meryl’s critique of Donald Trump and her defense of women’s rights shows that she is someone who cares about what is happening on this planet. There is sensitivity in these statements, but also wisdom. She also has a coherent and down-to-earth worldview. That is why her considerations are such a treasure. So let’s look at some of them:
- “Do not waste so much time thinking about how much you weigh. There is no more brain-paralyzing, boring, idiotic, self-destructive distraction from the fun of living. “
- “I no longer have patience for certain things. Not because I have become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste any more time with what confuses me or hurts. I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any kind, I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile to those who do not want to smile at me. I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate. “
“Find your own way”
- “Service is the only thing that matters about love. Everyone is worried about all this about “losing oneself, all this narcissism. Duty. Nor can we endure that idea now. But duty may be an armor you put on to fight for your love. “
- “I’m really interested in the collaborative thing. That’s what makes it scary because you never know what it’s going to end up like. But you hope. You put yourself in the hands of the best people you can find and you are completely dependent on the kindness of strangers and their commitment. It’s like this common misconception. “
- “Instant gratification is not fast enough.”
- “People say that when you have children, everything changes. But maybe things that were already there are awakened. “
- “I think you will find your own path. You have your own rules . You have your own understanding of yourself, and that’s what you want to count on. In the end, it’s what’s right for you, not what your mother told you. Not what some actresses told you. Not what anyone else told you, but the still small voice. “
- “The great gift in human beings is that we have the power of empathy, we can all feel a mysterious connection to each other.”
“Listening is everything”
- “Integrate what you believe in into every single area of your life. Take your heart to work and pray for the most and best of all. “
- “I let the actions of my life stand for what I am as a human being. Conflict with that, not the words. ”
- “You can not be spoiled if you iron yourself.”
- “Listening is everything. Listening is the whole point. I think. And I mean that, before you work, after you work, between jobs, with your kids, with your husband, with your friends, with your mom, with your dad. That is all. And this is where you learn everything. “
- “Some people are full of compassion and a desire to do good, and some simply do not think anything is going to make a difference.”
- “If you have a brain, use it.”
- “In my own experience with male and female directors, people have a much harder time taking a direct command from a woman. It is somehow very difficult for people. “
- “We all make the mistake that from the outside… how you look makes you more worthy of love.”
- “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything is reduced to essential things. “
- “You just have to keep doing what you do. That’s the lesson I get from my husband : He just says, keep going. Start by starting. ”
These are some of the intimate reflections on life that Meryl Streep has given us . Sharing his thoughts has been a great act of generosity for us. It’s pretty hard not to let her words seduce you. Because the truth is that they are full of clarity, security and simplicity.